Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Plagued by the Flu - BCP

QUOTE:
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." - Henri Cartier-Bresson

I can't wait for that 10,000th picture. In truth, no one ever has a "best" picture any way. Each photo is perceived differently by each person. I believe that Henri has a good point here, and was successful in conveying to us that you don't get it right at the beginning, and that every good thing comes with time. Sometimes, it takes quite a while, and other times, it's very short.

But don't worry, I think you just might like these pre-10,000 photos I took. ;)

I thought this leaf looked very nice when I was taking some pictures one afternoon, getting ready for the sunset. The insect holes in the leaf, the spikes on the stems, it just looked terrific, and I had to capture it. I hope you like it.

After I took this picture, I realized that it looked "set up." But, it was 100% natural. It was a gentle rain outside, and I wanted to get some bubbles in a picture. I saw this puddle in the gravel, and took a few snapshots. I thought the leaves that had fallen from a nearby tree would look nice too, so without disturbing nature, I re-positioned my angle and got the green leaves in there as well. It turned out very nice. 

Well, those are the pictures I've got for now, I hope you like them. :) Remember that these are exclusive to the blog. I also have other exclusive shots on my Facebook page, so be sure to look both places to get as many of my pictures as possible. ;)

I'm sure many people can relate to a sneeze here, cough there, dripping nose, high fever, and dreariness. But don't fret! It will, at some point, come to an end, and you won't have the icky flu any longer. Trust me. I had it, and it was bad. But I got through it.

For me, the flu entailed a few key ingredients: fever, coughing, sneezing, and a raging headache. My fever continued to rise, until Wednesday night, where it peaked off at 103.6°F. I missed three days of school, so now I have homework. A lot. Of homework. Ugh.

Hopefully you enjoy my blog, because that's all I have for this week. Check back again next week to see some more pictures. Thanks for viewing. :)

- Brett Cole ♦ Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment