Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lull of Winter - BCP

QUOTE:
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice, not by purchase." - Percy W. Harris

I can really relate to Percy Harris on this one. It gives me real encouragement to think that I can make my skill better in photography even though I don't have a DSLR yet. I perceive this to mean that you don't need the camera, the best tripod, the best equipment to make yourself a good photographer. Just the repetition of snapping photos is enough to make you better. Since I don't have a DSLR, this has really encouraged me to take more pictures and keep on keeping on with photography.

But, I know you don't want to hear me rambling on and on about quotes and such, so I'll stop for now. ;) I haven't been able to take too many new pictures lately (I will explain a little later) but I have been editing some of my older shots with my Lightroom software. And now, I will let you see some of my hard work. :)

This was taken quite a while back, but I thought the clouds looked pretty neat, and that I should post this shot. God made a beautiful world, and to me, a big part of the beauty lies in the clouds. :)

This was taken on an early morning shoot. I thought the fog looked cool in the valley here with the sun shining on it.  Sunrises are very beautiful, and although this shot wasn't taken too early, it seems to very well capture the foggy and damp feeling pretty well.

 
I really like this picture. Of course I'm biased because I'm the photographer, but I really like the way that I was able to capture the sunrays that were coming through and shining on the trees. It really makes me happy to see pictures of "radiance" from the sun.

I really hope you liked the photos. I put three on this time, just for fun. :) When I have a bunch of new photos, I can't resist the urge to share expediently. :P After all, two a week isn't enough, is it?! ;)

I know my blogs are usually posted on Monday or Tuesday, but this week I was a little behind, thanks to my sickness... :( Unfortunately, missing school doesn't exempt you from the work. Therefore, I have had loads of homework since I came back. (Just to clarify: I went back late Friday morning, and was there on Monday. Then, from Tuesday until the next Monday, we had snow days) 

Now that I'm back, we are being loaded with school work, plus the work that I didn't get from teachers BEFORE all the snow from when I was gone. AGH! :/ Oh well, things come, and things go. :) We'll see how this one turns out.

Other than a lot of homework, school has been going pretty well. Also, I am REALLY excited about a play we are doing in English on Friday. It should be great! :D Speaking of Friday, that's Valentine's Day. Since I don't blog on Friday's, I guess I'll send wishes your way now.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ☺ ♥ ♥ ♥ ☺

Well, thanks again for reading, and don't forget to follow me on Google+ for more photos, and subscribe via email to my blog to get weekly updates. I hope you liked the photos, and have a GREAT week. :)

- Brett Cole ♦ Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment