Thursday, February 20, 2014

Grand Falls Photography - BCP

QUOTE:
"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." - Ansel Adams

Truer words of photography have never been spoken. Without a strong idea behind the photo, it can be as clear as it can get, and yet still not be a good photo. What really makes a good photo is the depth of it, and how it feels to the viewer. It's not all about quality.

I'm pretty excited right now. I was privileged to spend this Tuesday afternoon/evening with a very talented photographer, MarLeah Cole. She is an amazing photographer, and takes some great photos. Check them out by going here: http://www.marleahjoy.blogspot.com/ She is also on Facebook: Photography by MarLeah Joy.

I will explain the reason that I was with her later, but for now, let's get to some pictures, shall we?

I had a great time on this photo shoot! It was very fun, and I got some great shots. This particular shot was taken as the sun was setting with a six second shutter speed. I really like the look of still water. Some people say they like "real" pictures, but this is real. I think of it like art, and like a painting. :)

This shot was taken with a six second shutter speed as well. The water was swirling back and forth, making a very beautiful scene. I liked the trees in the background, and the curve of the bank.

Okay, so I said I went with MarLeah on a photo shoot. It was a blast! I was able to hold the reflector and just help in general with the shoot. Afterwards, we had a good time just taking landscape shots. It was really fun.

There was one, down point of the trip though. I didn't realize it until I was at home, but I had my ISO too high... :/ A lot of the pictures that I was really excited about were grainy because of the high ISO. Oh well, it's experience, and I can learn what to do better for the future.

I have been extremely busy with school and other extra-curricular activities, and haven't been able to blog on time, or post pictures any where. I hope that I can have a little bit of the burden relieved soon, so I can start doing more of the things that I like. ;) On the bright side, it's preparing me for life of the future... so it's not all bad. :)

Also, I have some great friends that are photographers. One of my friends, Josh Leyva, just published a nice new site for his photographer. Check it out at joshleyva.com. He's got some great photos. That's all that I have for now, so hopefully you guys read this, and enjoy it. ;) Have a great day everyone!!! :D Over and out!

- Brett Cole ♦ Photography



Find and Contact Brett Cole ♦ Photography:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brettdcolephotography?ref=hl
Website: http://deanmail099.wix.com/brettcolephotography
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brettcolephotography
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100589357@N08/  
Email:  deanmail099@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment