Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Devil's Tower, Wyoming - Trip West

The day we visited Mt. Rushmore, we went into Wyoming and saw Devil's Tower. Quite foreboding, in name and sight. Lol. Anyways, I hope you enjoy! :)

Entering, Wyoming! This was one of the coolest states to which we went... grammar. Lol

This was one of the first real pictures I got of Devil's Tower. Personally, I found it breathtaking.

This was a burned valley below the tower.

God's creation is truly remarkable.

I don't know if you can tell, but there is a few deer in the center of the photo. Without my zoom lens working properly and the falling dusk, it was difficult to get pictures of them.

A more generic, but still beautiful angle of Devil's Tower. 

Fog was settling as we were about to leave, and I got a more chilling shot of the tower.

The forest around the tower was phenomenal. 

I thought the framing here was interesting.

The trail that went around the tower provided a few cool shots.

Here's another.

Devil's Tower is regarded by Native Americans as a holy place. Surrounding the tower, there are plenty of "prayer cloths" put up by Natives to honor the tower.

Here's another shot, with only the Natives' honorary cloth vibrant.

Here's another prayer cloth.


This was a beautiful valley around the tower.

Here's another angle, to give more depth.


I also got a vertical shot.

Generic, but still cool :)

A final black and white shot, to fit the foreboding nature of the tower.

That's all I have. :) I hope you enjoyed this post... so far it has been my favorite to put together. Also noteworthy, one year ago today, I first posted about my new camera (my lovely T5). Just so you know, it's not satanic. It's named so because scientists say it bubbled up from lava beneath the surface. Whatever. :P Until next time, this has been Devil's Tower, and your first look at Wyoming! ;)

- Brett Cole ♦ Photography

Find and Contact Brett Cole ♦ Photography:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brettdcolephotography?ref=hl
Website: http://deanmail099.wix.com/brettcolephotography
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brettcolephotography
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100589357@N08/  
Email: brettcphotography@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment