Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter Wonders!

QUOTE:
"Photography is an important part of my life." - Conrad Hall

Ditto, Conrad. I love photography, and it is important to me! :)

Oh, how I love winter! As Alex says, "Snow, snowsnow, snowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnow!" Haha, "Snow Day" in Adventures in Odyssey is great! :) Speaking of snow days, we have had plenty of them this winter! I love the snow, and it just so happens that is makes perfect photo opportunities. And I try to take advantage of them when I can. :) So, I have some pictures! :) I already posted one of these pictures on my photography page on Facebook, but hopefully you'll want to see them here. (And read the blog) ;) 

This is a picture I took of the ice, during the ice storm we had. It was a great opportunity to get some shots, and I was able to get a few. Most were blurry, though, due to the below freezing, bone-chilling, wind biting temperature (weather).

This was taken in manual, and I'll be the first to say it didn't turn out as I would have liked it to. But, we're always learning, right? I figure no one reads my blog anyway, so who cares? Haha just kidding. I know a few do, but it doesn't hurt to see some mess ups, does it? In this one, I was trying to capture the feel of a person walking towards the sunset int he snow. I hope it worked. :)

That's the pictures I have, so I hope you enjoyed them. I've been enjoying winter (I always do). I was especially glad that I got so many days off of school, AND when I learned that we won't have to go to school in June to make up all those fun days. :) Snow is great for many things, I guess that's why I like it. Snowball wars, snow forts, sledding, skiing (never done it, but sounds fun), game nights with my family, toasty covers at night, and just the cliche things to do in the snow and in the house while the turbulent winter winds blow about. (I think a little of my love of writing surfaced there... haha) I've been enjoying going back to school though... imagine that! Ha! I guess I like to see my friends again. :) Maybe you guys have had some fun this winter! Leave your experiences in the comments if you want. I love winter stories. :) Thank you for reading (If you got this far...) and I hope you enjoy what I do. :D

- Brett Cole ♦ Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment