Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Look Into Macro Photography

QUOTE:
"What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time." 
- John Berger

Greetings! :) Photography is indeed easy to shape. It needs light and time, and a camera. That's about it. It's primary materials are in nature. In this blog post, I want to take a look at macro photography. Macro, in short, basically means close-up. For an example, here is my first picture, an older one:
This picture was taken in a while back. It was in one of my first posts to this blog. But take a look at the picture. I got close to the object (flower) and took the picture, focusing on the object in a short distance. I really liked the water drops that were covering the flowers, as this photo was taken right after a rain shower.
So, you see that macro photographs are taken close to the object, or subject, of the picture. Macro photography is useful for taking pictures of small objects and, in effect, magnifying them. Take a look at this picture:
In this photo, I wanted to focus on the button and where it buttons. By taking it macro-style, I practically magnified it, and put it in focus. This photo was fun to take, it was taken a while back, and I have posted a black and white version of it on the blog before. 
I really enjoy macro photography, so a lot of my photos will probably incorporate macro in some way, shape, or form. ;)

It's really been winter lately! Temperatures down below zero Fahrenheit! Brrr! We've been on our Christmas break, but the today we got school off again because of inclement weather (snow, ice, cold temperatures, bad road conditions). They almost always say due to inclement weather, but I've noticed, once you get multiple days in a row, they quit saying "due to inclement weather." It changes to simply "School closed X day, X month." :D I find it amusing! I'm going to get some shots of the awesome wintry weather today, and a few of them should be on my next blog post! :) 

On a side note, I haven't gotten permission to share the photos from my debut photography session, but when I do, they'll be included as a bonus photo in my future blog posts. They'll probably be posted at a rate of one per blog post, so it will take a few weeks to get the best ones. :) I can't wait to get future jobs, because it's great!

That's all I have for this post. As always, thanks for taking the time to read. Until next time, I'm signing off.


- Brett Cole ♦ Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment