Sunday, December 6, 2015

Crater Lake, Oregon - Trip West

Oregon was a cool state after we got through the monotonous first half, but we didn't stop anywhere except Crater Lake. I didn't mind at all, it was a great photo-op area, and is truly an astonishing creation! I'll let you see for yourself, but to get the full experience, you have to see it personally! :) Highly recommend it!

Crater Lake hikers! Though it's illegal and very dangerous, these men decided to embark on a journey to the shoreline!

It's hard to describe in words how HUGE this lake is... there is SO much water, it's hard to comprehend.

The center uprising is actually another smaller volcano within the drowned cone of the HUGE volcano. It's pretty interesting!

The sun was setting behind me here, and it made for an interesting sky!

Here's the sky from a little wider angle, including the smaller volcano.


This was the beautiful sunset! It looked a lot like a pastel painting, and I really like how this shot reflects that!

I thought this was a cool shot, with the mountain hiding between the trees. :)

The area around the lake was really cool, and had some neat trees, driftwood, and paths.

This is the rim of the lake/volcano. It's really cool and pretty jagged.

Here I am... in front of the lake. :)

I thought this tall piece of twisted driftwood made the foreground look interesting.

Another shot of the sunset, encapsulated with snow and blue-ridge mountains. :P

Another shot of the driftwood stump.

This was a really cool tree!

I thought it was cool that there was still snow up on the mountains, rarely see any snow during June in Missouri, haha.

Here's a broad shot, again showing how big the lake is!

Another shot of the lake... xD

A closer shot of the neat tree... 

A lot of water...

More water... lol

I liked the sunrays coming through the trees, along with the cool wood. :)

I thought this was a nice, well-rounded shot. It has the water, the rim, the volcano inside, and also the rocks and vegetation around it as well. :)

Here's the sunset a little later... very pretty! :D

Anyways, I really liked Crater Lake! After hours of boring driving across Idaho and Eastern Oregon, it was a nice site for sore eyes. Lol. It was so awe-inspiring to see God's creativity manifested in such a way. It was SO big it was hard to believe I was actually there. :P Besides my mom constantly fretting I would fall into the water below, I had a fantastic time! ;) Until next time... which is California Pt. 1 (you can celebrate now, Damar). :P

- Brett Cole Photgraphy

Find and Contact Brett Cole ♦ Photography:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brettdcolephotography?ref=hl
Website: http://deanmail099.wix.com/brettcolephotography
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brettcolephotography
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100589357@N08/  
Email: brettcphotography@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment